What to Write in a Thank You Card

What to Write in a Thank You Card

When someone does something nice for you, being thankful is the easy part. Expressing thanks is not so simple and deciding what to write in a card can be daunting.
Though difficult, writing a great thank you note is a win-win: the gesture communicates what you think and how you feel and hopefully, your thanks will make the recipient feel as good as you did about their generosity.
Thank you notes are better when written in a personal way with well-expressed thoughts and feelings. Use these sample thank you messages to express your gratitude.

Thank You Card Messages

These are some additional ways of saying thank you beyond what is already written in a thank you card:
  1. Only someone with great taste could get me such a cool gift. Your generosity is as great as your sense of style.
  2. I think you know me better than I know myself. Your gift was exactly what I wanted, even though I didn't know I wanted it.
  3. I couldn't find a card that expressed my gratitude the way I wanted. I need a card that gives you a big hug.
  4. If you could see my face right now, you'd see a look of gratitude.
  5. You made a difference because you are so caring and thoughtful.
  6. I am grateful for you and your generosity.
  7. Words can't express the gratitude I feel when I think about what you have done. I'll just say thanks.
  8. You are truly a blessing in my life. I am not sure what I would do without you. Thanks for all you do.
  9. Taking the time to help me was a very nice thing for you to do. I know that you are a person who sacrifices for others without thinking. Thank you.
  10. The longer I am around you, the more I realize that you are a genuinely generous and caring person.
  11. I don't know if I should thank you or whoever made you such a nice person.
  12. I don't think I could find a more thoughtful, generous person.
  13. You are so generous, I know you'd give me the shirt off your back if I asked. Good thing I'm not asking.
  14. You deserve a bigger thank you than this card. I will remember what you did.
  15. I consider you a gift from God, so I guess I should send Him a thank you card. I know His address, but could you tell me how much postage I'll need?
  16. You have been extremely supportive through this difficult time. You may not realize what a blessing you have been. Thanks for your help.
  17. You have encouraged me during a time when I needed encouragement. Thank you.
  18. That was a really cool way to surprise me. I really like the way you set everything up and made it an awesome time.
  19. Thank you for thinking of me and taking the time to be kind. You have a great heart.
  20. I appreciate the timing of your help. You helped right when I needed it most.